The Franklin Square Water District is a commissioner-run district and operates for the benefit of District residents 24/7, 365 days a year. Your tax dollars go solely and directly to the production of high quality water, including infrastructure maintenance and technology updating. All records of expenditures, distribution and management are public record. Currently the average cost of water in the FSWD represents the lowest regular cost of all utilities.
The interests of the public are represented by three elected Commissioners. Each Commissioner is elected to a three-year term by the registered voters of the FSWD. This system guarantees local community control and representation. And as Franklin Square Water District residents ourselves, it is our goal to ensure that a safe and plentiful supply is assured, and that costs continue to be as low as possible.
Board Of Commissioners :
- Salvatore A. Intagliata, Chairperson
- Ralph D. Pugliese, Treasurer
- Madeline F. Presta, Secretary
All residents are welcome to attend any regularly scheduled meetings. They are normally held on the first, second, third and fourth Tuesday of each month at the FSWD office.
To be eligible to vote for Water Commissioners you must be:
- A registered voter of the Franklin Square Water District
- A resident of the Franklin Square Water District for at least 30 days prior to the election date
- Member of the Nassau Suffolk Water Commissioners Association